This video will show you how to start your own online collection.
Follow these steps:
- Start here
- Choose your cause and start your online collection
- You can start the collection on behalf of a private individual, team, or school, or even a company.
- Name your collection. The name will be displayed on your collection page.
- Explain why this cause is important to you and ask people to participate by donating.
- Set a collection goal you wish to raise, and the final day for your collection.
Now you have started your own online collection. This is when the work really starts, e.g. fundraising and asking for donations!
It is important to be active and share information with people so that they may donate.Use social media, WhatsAppor e-mail to invite your friends, work and family to get involved.Sharing once may not be enough,and you should share it several times.
You can see their donations and messages appear on your collection page in real time.
How to set up a Facebook Fundraiser
Starting a Facebook fundraiser is easy and only takes a few minutes. On Facebook all of the funds are raised for the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund.
Watch this video and start your own fundraiser!
Follow these steps:
- Start on your own Facebook page
- Click on the ‘Create’ button in the upper right corner. The mobile version works the same way.
- Select the last option, ‘Fundraiser.’
- Then you must choose who to collect for. Select ‘Charity.’
- Enter ‘Suomen Punainen Risti’ (Finnish Red Cross) in the search field.
- Facebook will then instruct you to fill in a few required information, a collection goal and end date, and to select an image related to the collection.
Your Facebook fundraiser is now ready and you can start fundraising. This is when the fundraising can really get going.
- Share the fundraiser on your feed and invite friends to donate. Posting the fundraiser once may not reach everyone, and you should share it repeatedly.
- You can monitor the donations and thank everyone who has participated.
Sign up as digital fundraiser
Get tips and information to your email address.
As a digital fundraiser, you are helping us save lives and help disaster victims in Finland and abroad.